Footprint Center, located in downtown Phoenix, Arizona, is a popular destination for concerts, sporting events, and special occasions. As the home of the Phoenix Suns since 1992, this venue attracts visitors from all walks of life. Whether you’re a local resident or a tourist, getting to Footprint Center is easier than you might think.
Multiple options are available to reach the arena, ensuring there’s a solution for every attendee. Public transportation, ample parking facilities, rideshares, taxis, and paths for bikers and scooter riders all provide different ways to get there. Additionally, the arena is committed to being accessible for everyone, making a visit to Footprint Center enjoyable and hassle-free.
- Footprint Center offers multiple transportation options, including public transit and parking facilities
- Rideshares, taxis, biking, and scootering are also viable options for attendees
- The arena is dedicated to providing accessibility to ensure a smooth experience for all visitors.
Public Transportation Options
The Valley Metro Light Rail offers a convenient means of transportation to the Footprint Center. It serves various locations throughout Phoenix, Tempe, and Mesa. Consider hopping on a light rail train and getting off at the 3rd Street/Washington station, just a short walk away from the arena. For train schedules and fare information, visit valleymetro.org.
Besides the light rail, the Phoenix transit bus system operated by Valley Metro is another great public transportation option for getting to the Footprint Center. With multiple bus lines serving the downtown Phoenix area, passengers can find routes with convenient stops nearby the arena. To plan your bus route and determine arrival times, visit valleymetro.org, or call (602) 253-5000 for more information. Additionally, you can use the NextRide service by dialing (602) 253-5000, saying “next ride,” and then providing the bus stop number.
Parking at Footprint Center
The Footprint Center offers on-site parking for events. The valet service typically starts 2 hours before an event, catering to attendees’ convenience. Although timings for the parking garage may vary depending on the event, it is important to check specific event details for garage opening times.
In case you need to use ridesharing services, popular providers like Lyft have designated drop-off locations for your convenience near the arena.
Nearby Parking Lots
Apart from the on-site parking options, there are off-site parking lots and garages available near the Footprint Center. You may need to explore different parking lots depending on availability, pricing, and proximity to the arena. Some of these parking lots may be subject to additional charges or restrictions.
It’s important to note that the exact parking options and prices might change for each event at the Footprint Center. Always check with the arena or event organizer for the most up-to-date parking information.
Rideshares and Taxis
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are popular options for getting to the Footprint Center. They offer a convenient and affordable means of transportation, allowing you to avoid the hassle of finding parking. To use a ridesharing app, set up an account with your preferred service, such as Lyft or Uber. When you’re ready to request a ride, enter your destination as the Footprint Center, and the app will provide an estimated arrival time.
Lyft has designated drop-off locations near the Footprint Center to make your arrival as smooth as possible. These include 1st Street/Jefferson (Footprint Center Plaza), S 2nd Street (The Ryan), and S 3rd Street (Phoenix Convention Center). Ensure you make a note of the location you’re dropped off at, as you’ll need to return there when requesting a ride back home.
Taxis are another option for getting to the Footprint Center. Although they might be slightly more expensive than rideshares, they can be a reliable choice, particularly if you’re in an area with limited rideshare coverage or if you prefer a more traditional form of transportation. You can hail a taxi on the street, call a local taxi service, or book one through a smartphone app.
Whichever option you choose, make sure to allow enough time for travel, especially during peak hours, as traffic can get congested around the venue. By using rideshares or taxis, you can sit back and enjoy the ride without worrying about parking or navigating the streets yourself.
Biking and Scootering
Biking and scootering are excellent, eco-friendly alternatives to cars and public transportation when traveling to the Footprint Center. Both options offer a healthy and fun way to experience the city while commuting to your destination.
Before setting off on your journey, it’s essential to plan your route. You can use Apple Maps or other mapping applications to find cycling-friendly routes to the Footprint Center. These apps typically provide options to avoid hills and busy roads, helping you enjoy a smoother and safer ride.
Arriving early to the Footprint Center is advisable, as you’ll need to find a secure location to park and lock your bike or scooter. There are numerous bike racks available near the facility, providing reliable and convenient parking for your two-wheeled transport.
In addition to traditional bikes, consider using a rideshare electric scooter as an alternate means of reaching the Footprint Center. Companies like Lyft and Bird offer electric scooters for rent, providing a fast and convenient way to get around the downtown area. Just be sure to follow local regulations regarding scooter usage on sidewalks and streets.
When biking or scootering, always remember to wear proper safety gear, including a helmet, and be aware of your surroundings. Stay in designated bike lanes when possible and follow all traffic rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip to the Footprint Center.
The Footprint Center, located in downtown Phoenix, is devoted to providing every guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. This involves ensuring that accessibility needs are met for all visitors.
For those who require accessible transportation options, the light rail is an ideal choice. It not only offers accessible service but is also affordable for guests traveling to the Footprint Center.
When arriving at the Footprint Center, guests can expect doors to open one hour and 30 minutes before Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury games. For Arizona Rattlers games, doors open one hour before kickoff. For other events, doors typically open one hour before the opening act, but this may vary depending on the event.
Regarding parking, valet service typically starts two hours before an event. For other available parking options, the Footprint Center is conveniently situated on the Southeast corner of 1st St & Jefferson in Downtown Phoenix.
It is important to note that each event at Footprint Center might have its own health and safety requirements for entry. To stay updated on the specific requirements for the event you plan to attend, visit the individual event detail page on FootprintCenter.com.
With accessible transportation, flexible door opening hours, and a commitment to accommodating diverse needs, visitors to Footprint Center can feel confident that their experience will be both comfortable and enjoyable.
Additional Tips for a Smooth Experience
Before heading to the Footprint Center, it’s important to plan your visit well to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience. Here are some tips to help you make the most out of your visit:
- Arrive early: For most Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury games, doors open one hour and 30 minutes before game time for the general public. For Arizona Rattlers games, doors open one hour before kick off. For other events, doors usually open one hour before the opening act. Arriving early not only gives you enough time to navigate through the building, but also allows you to avoid long queues at the entrance, security checks, and food concessions.
- Know your parking options: Parking around the Footprint Center can fill up quickly, especially during major events. Make sure to research nearby parking lots and garages in advance and arrive with plenty of time to secure a spot. Some event-goers might also opt for public transportation to avoid the hassle of parking altogether.
- Dress appropriately: Comfortable clothing and shoes are essential for a great experience at the Footprint Center because you might need to walk and stand in lines. Check the weather forecast beforehand and dress accordingly, especially if the event is during the cooler months.
- Familiarize yourself with the venue: It’s always helpful to acquaint yourself with the layout of the Footprint Center prior to attending an event. This will help you find your seats, restrooms, and food options more easily.
- Bring stadium-approved items: Be aware of the Footprint Center’s policies on what you can and cannot bring inside. Generally, prohibited items include large bags, weapons, outside food and beverages, and noisy distractions. Visit the venue’s website to check the specific list of allowed and restricted items for the event you’re attending.
Following these tips will help ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience when visiting the Footprint Center for any event. Remember to stay mindful of the policies, respect your fellow event-goers, and have a great time!