FedEx Field, home to the Washington Commanders, is a must-visit destination for any NFL enthusiast. Located in Landover, Maryland, the stadium offers energetic football games and memorable experiences. However, getting there can sometimes be a challenge, as it is situated about 20 kilometers from downtown Washington, D.C. This quick guide aims to provide helpful information to make your journey to FedEx Field more enjoyable and convenient.
Using public transportation is a popular and effective choice for reaching FedEx Field. The Morgan Blvd. Metro stop on the Blue Line is situated exactly one mile from the stadium, and many fans walk the distance every week. Driving to FedEx Field is another option, as there are numerous parking options available. Moreover, ridesharing services, biking, and walking also provide flexible ways to access the stadium. This guide will also cover accessibility concerns and special accommodations to ensure every visitor has a comfortable experience during game day.
- Public transportation, such as Metro rail, is a convenient way to reach FedEx Field.
- Driving, ridesharing, biking, and walking are additional options for accessing the stadium.
- The guide will offer valuable information on accessibility and special accommodations for a seamless game-day experience.
The easiest and most convenient way to get to FedEx Field is by using the Washington Metro. The Morgan Blvd. Metro Station on the Blue Line is just one mile from the stadium, making it accessible for many people each week. To reach the Morgan Blvd. Station from Union Station, you simply need to take the Red Line to Metro Center and then transfer to the Blue Line.
It’s important to note that using the Metro to get to a game or other FedEx Field event may not be as straightforward as it sounds. Plan your trip accordingly, and consider checking the schedule and any potential delays before you embark on your journey.
Another public transportation option to get to FedEx Field is by bus. From the New Carrollton Amtrak Station, you can take a combination of trains and buses to reach the stadium. Keep in mind that travel times may vary depending on the specific train and bus schedules.
When planning your trip using public transportation, be sure to factor in any possible waiting times for buses or trains, as well as the walk from the station to the stadium. This will help ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience on game day or during any other event at FedEx Field.
Driving to FedEx Field
FedEx Field is located in Landover, Maryland, and is easily accessible by car. To get there, you can use major highways like I-495 (Capital Beltway) and take the exit for Arena Drive or take Route 202 (Landover Road) directly to the stadium area. Make sure to plan your route in advance and check traffic updates before hitting the road.
There are several parking options available at FedEx Field:
- Permit Parking: All parking lots are designated by color and letter. Permits are required to park in these lots, and each permit is valid for one parking space. Make sure to enter the correct roadway designated for your specific lot.
- Single-Game Parking: If you haven’t purchased a parking permit beforehand, you can find parking in a lot off Brightseat Road, about a quarter-mile away from the stadium. Simply head towards FedEx Field from the north and make a left onto Brightseat Road before entering the stadium parking lot.
- Accessible Parking: FedEx Field offers accessible parking for guests with disabilities. A valid state-issued disability parking permit is required, and spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Traffic and Toll Roads
Traffic can get quite heavy around the stadium, especially on game days. To avoid delays, consider arriving early or using alternate routes to the stadium. Keep in mind that some roads leading to FedEx Field may have tolls, so make sure to have a payment method ready or consider using a toll pass.
Remember to follow all posted traffic signs and directions from parking attendants, as well as any official guidance from the Washington Football Team or FedEx Field regarding transportation and parking.
Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft offer a convenient and popular way to get to FedEx Field. If you’re looking for a hassle-free option, simply request a ride through your preferred ridesharing app and your driver will pick you up at your location and drop you off near the stadium.
Keep in mind that on game days and during major events, the demand for ridesharing services might be high, so be prepared to deal with surge pricing or longer wait times. To avoid peak demand, try scheduling your ride in advance or arriving well before the event starts.
While ridesharing services are a great option for individual or small groups, they may not be the most cost-effective choice for larger groups. In such cases, consider using public transportation like the Metro rail instead. The Morgan Blvd. stop on the Blue Line is roughly one mile from the stadium and is a popular choice among event-goers.
When your event at FedEx Field concludes, you can request a ridesharing service for your return journey as well. However, it is essential to be aware of the designated pickup and drop-off zones in the stadium area. Ridesharing apps generally provide information on these zones, so make sure to follow the app’s instructions to meet your driver at the correct location.
In summary, ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are an easy and stress-free way to get to FedEx Field. Just remember to account for potential surge pricing and event-related traffic when planning your trip.
Biking and Walking
For those who prefer a more active and environmentally friendly approach to getting to FedEx Field, biking and walking are viable options. While the stadium is located in a suburban area and primarily surrounded by highways and parking lots, there are still accessible routes for those who choose to bike or walk.
One option for bikers is to plan a route using Google Maps’ biking option, which can help you find the most direct and safest path to the stadium. Unfortunately, it is important to note that there does not appear to be dedicated bike parking at FedEx Field, so you may need to lock your bike to a nearby fixture or consider bringing a folding bike that can be stored more easily during the game.
If you choose to arrive by walking, keep in mind that the nearest Metro station, Morgan Boulevard, is one mile from the stadium. While this may seem like a bit of a hike, the sidewalks are wide and generally well-maintained, making for a pleasant walk. Once you exit the Morgan Boulevard station, simply walk north along the boulevard for about 20 minutes, and the road will lead you directly into the FedEx Field parking lot.
Remember that walking and biking can also be a great way to avoid traffic and parking fees while making your game-day experience more enjoyable and healthy. Enjoy the journey, and go Commanders!
Accessibility and Special Accommodations
FedEx Field is committed to providing a comfortable and accessible experience for all visitors. To ensure accessibility for guests with disabilities, the stadium offers a variety of services and accommodations.
To start, accessible parking is available in the Gray Lot on Brightseat Road, with the option to purchase a parking permit in advance by calling (301) 276-6050. For those using public transportation, the Morgan Blvd. Metro station on the Blue Line is one mile from the stadium, making it a convenient option.
For guests requiring assistance during their visit, FedEx Field has a hotline they can call at 301-276-6100 or they can text SAFE to 69050. This service ensures that all visitors have access to support when needed.
At the stadium itself, accommodations are in place to ensure a comfortable experience for all guests. This includes wheelchair-accessible seating, with companion seating available, as well as assistive listening devices for those with hearing impairments.
By providing accessible parking, convenient public transportation options, and a range of in-stadium accommodations, FedEx Field ensures that all guests, including those with disabilities, can enjoy their visit to the stadium with ease and confidence.
Tips for Game Day
Attending a game at FedEx Field can be an exciting experience, but to make the most of your visit, it’s essential to plan ahead and be prepared. Here are some practical tips for game day:
1. Transportation and Parking: The easiest way to get to FedEx Field is by taking Metro rail. The Morgan Blvd. stop on the Blue Line is approximately one mile from the stadium, and many people walk this distance on game day. If you’re driving, it’s crucial to consider parking options. There are numerous parking lots available at different price points, so be sure to compare rates and locations before making a decision.
2. Food and Drink: FedEx Field has a variety of food and beverage options inside the stadium. While you can enjoy the game day atmosphere by exploring different food choices, you might want to bring some cash, as not all stands accept card payments. It is important to note that outside food and drinks are not allowed in the stadium.
3. Prohibited Items: To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, some items are prohibited in FedEx Field. Some examples include umbrellas, whistles, horns, battery-powered clothing, and Native-American-inspired ceremonial headdresses or face paint. Make sure to check the official stadium guide for the complete list of prohibited items.
4. Weather Considerations: The weather in Landover can be unpredictable, so it’s wise to check the forecast before heading to the game. Dress appropriately for the weather and consider layering your clothing so that you can easily adapt to changing conditions.
5. Ticket Selection: Purchasing your tickets in advance can save time and ensure you get a great seat. Consider various seating options, such as the Party Deck, to find the best fit for your preferences and budget.
Remember, following these tips will help ensure you have a smooth and enjoyable game day experience at FedEx Field.