Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, Bank of America Stadium is a popular destination for football fans and event enthusiasts alike.
Home to the NFL’s Carolina Panthers, the stadium has a capacity of over 75,000 spectators, making it a bustling and lively venue to attend. Knowing the best way to get there is essential for a hassle-free and enjoyable experience.
The stadium’s address is 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, NC 28202, and it offers multiple entry points to accommodate a large number of visitors.
While navigating your way to the stadium, it’s important to consider factors like transportation modes, parking options, and accessibility to ensure a smooth and pleasant trip to the venue.
- Bank of America Stadium is located in Charlotte, North Carolina and hosts a variety of events.
- Accessible by various transportation options like public transit, driving, and ride-sharing services.
- Plan ahead for parking, keep in mind accessibility needs, and utilize additional tips for a seamless experience.
Location and Address
Bank of America Stadium, home to the Carolina Panthers, is conveniently located in the heart of the Uptown neighborhood of Charlotte, North Carolina. The stadium’s address is 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC.
The central location of the stadium makes it easily accessible from various routes within the city. Major highways such as I-77, I-85, Routes 16, 27, 29, and 74 provide convenient driving access to the area. With its prime location, there are multiple ways to reach the stadium depending on your starting point.
- From I-85 South: Look for signs to exit at either Billy Graham Parkway, Freedom Drive, Brookshire Freeway (I-277 East), or I-77 South.
- From I-85 North: Look for signs to exit at appropriate points to reach the stadium.
Public transportation is also available for those who wish to avoid traffic or parking hassles.
You can take the bus to Bank of America Stadium, with several routes providing easy access to the venue.
These routes vary depending on your starting point, making it simple to find your best option.
For step-by-step bus directions and updated schedules, you can use services like Moovit to guide you.
One of the most convenient ways to reach the Bank of America Stadium is by taking the LYNX Blue Line light rail. You can hop on the train from any of the 26 stations along the line, which runs from UNC Charlotte Main Station to I-485/South Blvd Station.
To arrive at the stadium, you should disembark at Stonewall Station or Carson Station, as both are within a few blocks of the venue.
- Stonewall Station: This station is located at the intersection of Stonewall St and S Brevard St. Upon exiting the station, walk about 0.4 miles west along Stonewall St, and you will reach the stadium on your left.
- Carson Station: Situated at the corner of Carson St and S Brevard St, this station is closer to the southern end of the stadium. After alighting, walk approximately 0.3 miles west along Carson St, and the stadium will be visible on your left.
For more information about the LYNX Blue Line schedules, ticket prices, and connections, visit the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) website.
Alternatively, you can use Charlotte’s local bus service to reach Bank of America Stadium. The following bus routes are within close proximity to the venue:
- Route 501: This route offers stops near Harrah’s Cherokee, Bowery Ct, and the CMC Infusion Center, with an approximate travel time of 35 minutes from Harrah’s Cherokee and 46 minutes from Bowery Ct.
- Route 11: To reach the stadium from the Amtrak Station, take the Route 11 bus from Tryon St & 23rd St to Church & Trade St. The journey typically takes around 31 minutes.
You can find detailed route maps, schedules, and fare information on the CATS website.
Driving and Parking
To get to Bank of America Stadium, located at 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28202, you can use Charlotte’s LYNX light rail system or CATS buses.
If you prefer to drive, keep in mind the following road closure: there is no westbound traffic on Trade St from Graham to I-77. Instead, use 4th or 6th streets to access I-77 from Graham St.
There are multiple parking options near Bank of America Stadium. Parking operators lease spaces on a game-by-game or seasonal basis, and prices vary. For example:
- Lot 1 located across from the North gate of Bank of America Stadium on Graham St, costs $650 per season.
- Lot 99 located nearby, costs $300 per season.
Pre-booking parking spaces through third-party apps or websites is recommended to alleviate stress on event days. Additionally, there are over 30,000 parking spaces within walking distance of the stadium.
Keep in mind the availability of public transportation options such as the LYNX light rail system and CATS buses to minimize your reliance on parking.
Ride-Sharing and Taxis
Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are popular and convenient options for getting to Bank of America Stadium. Simply download the respective app and request a ride to the stadium.
These services allow you to get a cost estimate beforehand and track your driver’s progress. In general, ride-sharing options tend to be cheaper than traditional taxis.
However, traditional taxis are also available to take you to the stadium. You can hail a taxi on the street or pre-book one through various taxi companies in Charlotte.
Depending on your location, the taxi fare to the stadium can range between $4 to $6. Keep in mind that taxi fares can vary based on distance and traffic.
Whichever option you choose, it’s essential to plan ahead for game days or special events at the stadium, as increased demand can lead to longer wait times and surge pricing.
If possible, consider sharing the ride with fellow fans to reduce overall costs and ease congestion around the stadium.
Accessibility and Special Needs
Bank of America Stadium, home to the Carolina Panthers, aims to provide an inclusive and enjoyable experience for all its guests, including individuals with disabilities.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the stadium has taken significant measures to ensure easy access and comfortable accommodations.
One of the important aspects of stadium accessibility is the availability of accessible seating. Bank of America Stadium features accessible seating options in all areas, which includes sky boxes and specialty areas.
These seating options are connected via an accessible route, linking parking and transportation areas to all essential services, such as concessions, restrooms, and restaurants.
Parking for guests with disabilities is a crucial matter. Although the stadium itself does not have reserved handicap parking, Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center offers a game day shuttle service for guests with disabilities.
This shuttle service helps guests with special needs to navigate the area around the stadium with ease.
U.S. Bank Stadium is also committed to providing excellent service for individuals with disabilities. They provide several amenities in accordance with ADA guidelines, such as adult changing tables, alternative format materials, and assisted listening devices.
Additionally, they offer captioning and description services for guests with hearing or visual impairments, making it easier for them to follow the game and enjoy the experience.
In conclusion, Bank of America Stadium and its partners are dedicated to ensuring an accessible and enjoyable experience for all guests, regardless of their physical abilities or special needs.
The measures implemented in and around the stadium aim to facilitate a smooth and comfortable visit for individuals with disabilities.
Additional Tips and Tricks
When planning your trip to Bank of America Stadium, consider these additional tips and tricks to enhance your experience and make getting there as seamless as possible.
- Parking options: There are multiple parking options available near the stadium, with prices and availability varying depending on the event. For instance, Lot 1 is located across from the North gate on Graham St., and costs around $650 per season, while Lot 99 is located further away and is priced at $300 per season. To reserve a guaranteed parking spot, you may use services like ParkMobile for Bank of America Stadium parking reservations.
- Public transportation: Utilizing public transportation is a convenient and economical way to reach the stadium. Charlotte’s LYNX Light Rail has several stops near the stadium, including the Carson and Stonewall Stations, both of which are within walking distance to the stadium entrance.
- Arrive early: It’s advisable to arrive at the stadium at least an hour before the event starts. This will give you ample time to navigate traffic, locate your parking spot or public transportation stop, and comfortably make your way to your seat.
- Familiarize yourself with stadium entrances: Bank of America Stadium has three main entrances: the North Gate off Graham Street, the South Gate off Morehead Street, and Lowe’s Gate off Mint Street. Knowing the most convenient entrance for your seat location will help streamline your arrival.
By keeping these tips in mind and staying informed about event-specific details, you can enjoy a smooth and stress-free visit to Bank of America Stadium.
James is a big time NBA Golden State follower, who makes sure to catch games when he's in the area. He likes to follow International Soccer, with an interest in small town soccer club, Blackburn Rovers located in the North on the UK.