Progressive Field, home to the Cleveland Guardians, is an iconic baseball stadium located in the heart of Cleveland, Ohio.
Boasting state-of-the-art facilities, exciting games, and impressive amenities, it’s no wonder that fans continue to flock to the park each season.
However, navigating to and around the stadium can be a daunting task for newcomers and even regular attendees, which is why it’s helpful to have a quick guide at hand to make the journey as smooth and easy as possible.
In this article, we’ll provide helpful tips and information on the various options for reaching Progressive Field, whether it’s by driving, using public transportation, or exploring alternative modes of travel.
Additionally, we’ll offer valuable advice for finding your way around the ballpark itself, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable gameday experience.
- Multiple transportation options, including public transit, make accessing Progressive Field convenient.
- Planning ahead for driving and parking can save time and reduce stress on game day.
- Familiarizing yourself with the layout of the stadium ensures a smoother visit to Progressive Field.
Public Transportation Options
Getting to Progressive Field is easy and convenient with several public transportation options available. In this section, we will cover Rapid Transit, Buses, and Cleveland Trolleys.
Cleveland’s RTA Rapid Transit system is an effective way to reach Progressive Field. You can take the Red, Blue, or Green Rapid trains to the Tower City Station.
From there, it’s just a quick walk through the walkway to the Quicken Loans Arena, which is located across the street from Progressive Field.
To plan your trip and check schedules, visit the RTA’s website.
In addition to the Rapid Transit system, the RTA also operates bus service to areas near the ballpark.
Another alternative for reaching Progressive Field is the free bus trolley service provided by the city. You can pick up a trolley in front of the Horseshoe Casino on Public Square and ride it to East 9th Street.
From there, walk a couple of blocks south to Progressive Field or explore other nearby attractions such as East 4th Street.
For more information on Cleveland Trolleys and their routes, visit the Downtown Cleveland Alliance’s website.
Driving and Parking
When driving to Progressive Field, you can easily access the stadium via I-90, I-71, and I-77 highways.
Follow the appropriate exit and ramp to reach the venue, and always take note of any traffic updates or potential road closures.
Parking Lots and Garages
There are numerous parking options near Progressive Field, with spaces available both in official and third-party lots.
Many of these lots provide reasonable pricing for events, with premium spaces around the stadium often priced at around $20.
It is possible to find free street parking around the Cleveland area if you’re willing to look further from the stadium. Be aware of any parking regulations or restrictions and make sure to arrive early to secure a spot.
Handicap parking options are available around Progressive Field, ensuring easy access for people with disabilities.
When planning your visit, it is recommended to explore official Progressive Field parking lots and third-party options in the area that cater to handicapped parking requirements.
Alternative Modes of Transportation
When heading to Progressive Field, it’s important to consider alternative modes of transportation that are not only more eco-friendly but can also save time and money.
Two popular and sustainable options are biking and ridesharing.
Biking to Progressive Field is an efficient and environmentally friendly way to reach the stadium.
In addition to the exercise and health benefits, it helps reduce traffic congestion and parking demand. Many cities have bike-friendly infrastructure, such as dedicated bike lanes and bike-share programs, making it easier for fans to choose biking as their mode of transportation.
Be sure to plan your cycling route in advance, and don’t forget to bring a lock to secure your bike when you arrive at the stadium.
Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft offer a convenient and cost-effective way to get to Progressive Field. These services can be easily accessed through their respective smartphone apps.
By sharing a ride with others, you not only reduce your transportation costs but also help decrease traffic congestion and carbon emissions. Plus, ridesharing eliminates the need to find and pay for parking at the stadium.
To make your ridesharing experience seamless, be sure to:
- Book in advance: To avoid surge pricing and waiting time, schedule your ride ahead of time.
- Compare prices: Sometimes, one ridesharing service may offer better rates or promotions than another.
- Confirm your pick-up point: Make sure you know your designated pick-up location and communicate with your driver about any changes or special instructions.
Navigating Inside Progressive Field
Progressive Field, home to the Cleveland Guardians, is an urban ballpark designed specifically for baseball fans in an intimate setting.
When attending a game, it is essential to know the various entrances to ease your navigation:
- Gate A: Located at the corner of Ontario Street and Carnegie Avenue
- Gate B: Accessible from Gateway Plaza near the RTA Station
- Gate C: Situated on E. 9th Street and Eagle Avenue
- Gate D: Found on the corner of Eagle Avenue and Ontario Street
Make sure to check your tickets for the recommended gate, as this would ensure a smooth entrance into the stadium.
Finding your seat at Progressive Field is simple, thanks to its well-organized seating arrangement. The stadium provides various seating options to fit any budget or viewing preference.
You can familiarize yourself with the seating map and netting here. Some of the most common seating areas include:
- Lower Bowl: These are the seats closest to the field, ideal for fans who want to be immersed in the action.
- Club and Suite Level: Located on the second level of the ballpark, these offer a more luxurious experience with amenities like private restrooms, lounge access, and premium dining.
- Upper Deck: Higher above the field, the Upper Deck offers more affordable seating with a bird’s-eye view of the game.
By knowing the entrances and seating arrangements of Progressive Field, you will have a hassle-free experience while attending a Cleveland Guardians game.
Final Tips and Reminders
Before you head out to Progressive Field, keep these last-minute suggestions and reminders in mind to ensure a smooth and enjoyable game day experience:
- Transportation options: Consider your transportation choices – whether you prefer driving, public transit, or ridesharing. Progressive Field is accessible via I-90, I-71, and I-77 highways. Public transportation, such as the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, is another convenient option. If you decide to drive, make sure to reserve a parking spot in advance to secure a convenient location and reasonable pricing.
- Arrival time: Plan to arrive early to avoid long lines and explore the ballpark before the game starts. Gates at Progressive Field typically open one hour before the first pitch, but this may vary depending on the event.
- Bring your own food: Carry a soft cooler with your own food and non-alcoholic drinks to save money and time spent in food lines. Just make sure to adhere to the ballpark’s policies regarding food and drink items.
- Stadium amenities: Familiarize yourself with Progressive Field’s layout and facilities, including seating maps, dining options, and merchandise shops. The MLB Ballpark App can be a helpful companion during your visit, and can make navigation around the stadium easier.
- Prohibited items: Remember that some items are not allowed inside the ballpark, such as large bags, weapons, noisemakers, or any objects that can obstruct other fans’ view. Check the Progressive Field Policies and Procedures for a comprehensive list of prohibited items before attending the game.
Now that you’re equipped with these helpful tips and reminders, you can focus on enjoying your time at Progressive Field and cheering on the Cleveland Guardians. Have a great game day experience!